Quiz # 8 Answers
1. The Edge is Efficiency - (Bombay Stock Exchange )
2. The world puts its stock in us - NYSE (New York Stock Exchange)
3. Stock market for the digital world (NASDAQ)
4. The Index Company (FTSE)
5. It's Your Hollywood (Hollywood Stock Exchange)
6. Tomorrow Market's Today. (Singapore Stock Exchange, SGX)
7. The World's Center for Non Ferrous Metal Trading
(London Metal Exchange)
8. Equities. Options. ETFs. (AMEX)
9. Go for Growth (EURONEXT)
1. Bombay Stock Exchange Limited is the oldest stock exchange in Asia with a rich heritage. Popularly known as "BSE", it was established as "The Native Share & Stock Brokers Association" in 1875.The Exchange's pivotal and pre-eminent role in the development of the Indian capital market is widely recognized and its index, SENSEX, is tracked worldwide. Earlier an Association of Persons (AOP), the Exchange is now a demutualised and corporatised entity incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, pursuant to the BSE(Corporatisation and Demutualisation) Scheme, 2005 notified by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
2. FTSE stands for Financial Times Stock Exchange and is a JV between London Stock Exchange and the Financial Times.
3. NASDAQ is largest US Electronic Stock Market. It stands for National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System.
4. Hollywood Stock Exchange® is an integrated marketing, research and technology company driven by its patented entertainment stock market, HSX.com, the longest continuously operating prediction market. At HSX.com, visitors buy and sell virtual shares of celebrities and movies with a currency called the Hollywood Dollar®.The Company's Virtual Specialist TM technology allows an unlimited number of consumers to trade thousands of virtual entertainment securities in a fair and orderly, supply-and-demand-based market. HSX syndicates the data collected from the Exchange as market research to entertainment, consumer product and financial institutions and as original programming to radio, television and print media.
5. LME, as the tagline says, trades in non-ferrous metal and is a metal exchange unlike others. It trades in metals like Aluminium, Copper etc.
6. Euronext N.V. is the first cross-border exchange organization in Europe. It provides services for regulated stock and derivatives markets in Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Portugal, as well as in the UK (derivatives only). It is also Europe's leading stock exchange based on trading volumes on the central order book.
Congratulations SANJEEV MITTAL !!!!!!! for the top score.
Good Attempts by Sandhya Raghunathan and Pooja Jain.