Here are the answers for the latest edition of Punchliners based on the enginnering industry.
ANSWERS for Punchliners Quiz # 19
1. Living. Improved Daily - DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY
2. Shaping the future of steel - MITTAL STEEL
3. Steel solutions for a better world - ARCELOR
4. We make things which make India proud - LARSEN and TOUBRO
5. Forever new Frontiers - BOEING
6. The Miracles of Science - DUPONT
7. Everyday Solutions - COMPTRON and GREAVES
8. Pride of Steel - VIZAG STEEL
9. Powering a Greener Tomorrow. - SUZLON ENERGY
1. Total number of responses for this quiz were 18 out of which 3 respondents scored the perfect nine. They are Manoj Prasad, Harish and Sushil. Kudos to them
2. The quiz can be related to the set of events happening in the steel industry globally. Mittal Steel is trying to make a hostile takeover attempt over Arcelor in a bid to create the biggest steel company globally which will control close to 12 % of the market share. If we look a the steel industry in the last few years, Mergers and Acquisitions have dominated this industry. For the matter of fact Mittal Steel is itself a conglomerate of LNM Group and Ispat International. 'The enlarged Mittal Steel spans the globe with around 30 per cent of its assets in North America, 30 per cent in Europe and the remaining 40 per cent split between Asia and Africa. Chairman Lakshmi Mittal declares has declared his intention to make the Group 'the lowest cost steel producer in every market.
3. Arcelor is world's number 2 steel company based out of Luxembourg.
4. Larsen and Toubro was founded in Bombay (Mumbai) in 1938 by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Soren Kristian Toubro - both of whom were strongly committed to developing India's engineering talent and enabling it to meet the demands of industry.
5. Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircrafts, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems
6. Dupont is one company which is associated with the following names which we hear almost on a daily basis; Freon, Nylon, Teflon, Dacron, Lycra, Kevlar etc. DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel. Hence it is said in case of DuPont that in anything you use there can be a dupont product.
7. Suzlon Energy is Asia's strongest growing fully integrated wind power company and ranks amongst the top ten in the world. Suzlon integrates consultancy, design, manufacturing, operation and maintenance services to provide customers with total wind power solutions.
Congratulations to Manoj Prasad, The Winner for this Edition of Punchliners